Monday, February 4, 2013

Introducing the Shoe Box Swap!

On New Years Day, I asked my friend Dana if she was interested in doing a Shoebox Swap- I have actually participated in a couple Shoebox Swaps that Dana hosted a few years ago! My friend Dana found this fun swap idea when she came across this post on The Homespun Heart back in 2007. She and I haven't participated in a Shoebox Swap in years, so it was pretty exciting deciding who to invite to participate in this swap & picking out a fun theme! 

Dana picked out the theme COZY! Dana invited her friend Nichole to participate in the swap & I  invited my friends Marilyn, Ronya & Brittany. Once we heard back from each of our friends we emailed them a questionnaire to fill out:

Shoebox Swap Questionnaire 
1. When you think of "COZY" what comes to mind?
2. What are your favorite colors?
3. What are your favorite hobbies?
4. Tell us a little bit about yourself/What would you want your partner to know about you?

Once partners were assigned, we sent everyone an email with their partners information & questionnaire answers, and the swapping began! 

Partner Assignments: Nichole & Ronya | Dana & Brittany | Marilyn & Cindi

Swap Pictures:
 
Since it was our first time co-hosting a Shoebox Swap together, we decided our first swap be "invite only" among our friends... However, Dana & I are hoping that fellow bloggers, followers & friends will be interested in participating in future Shoebox Swaps! I think that it would be a fun way to get to know one another better & make new friends! 

If you think you'd be interested in future Shoebox Swaps, be sure to leave a comment below! 

6 comments:

  1. This sounds soo fun! It's tax return time so I'll have some $ for a while. Think this would be so fun! (Tara from twitter, lol i can nwver get ro log in to post on my phone!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara! It was definitely a lot of fun! It felt like Christmas when I received my box full of goodies in the mail :) I hope that you'll participate in the next shoebox swap!

      Delete
  2. Hey

    I would be interested in taking part !! Sound like so much fun :)

    Have a lovely day !!

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire! I'm so excited that you're interested in participating in the next shoebox swap! I'm positive that you'll enjoy it! Who doesn't love receiving a shoebox full of goodies in the mail, right?! I'll be sure to keep you posted on the next swap! xoxo

      Delete
  3. This sounds like such a cool idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun swap! Hopefully you'll consider participating in future shoebox swaps :)

      Delete