Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Nine.


My little boy turns 9 today. I can't help but ask myself, 
"Where did these last nine years go?"
It feels like it was just yesterday that I brought my 6 lbs. 14 oz. baby boy home from the hospital. My son thinks he's a "big boy", a grown up... Yet I look at home and still see a little boy. I think as a mother, I'll always think of him as "my baby", no matter how old he gets! 

Lansen is excited about turning nine today. 
Me? Not so much. 

I think it's this very number, that puts things in perspective for me & makes me realize that my little boy is GROWING UP-- This is his last year in the single digits. On his next birthday he'll be ten... TEN! That's double digits! That's a big deal in the world of parenthood, when you first realize that you are now the parent of a child who's in his double digits! Adios single numbers. 

The thing that really gets me, is that with Lansen turning 9, he'll be halfway to being an adult... This very thought saddens me. If these last 9 years flew by, who's to say the next 9 years won't fly by as well?! It's times like these that I wish I could do the impossible and slow down time.

I'm aware that I can't slow down time, I just have to embrace it every moment- 
Embrace every milestone, every hug, every smile, every "I love you", every kiss... I just need to embrace it all. 

To my son, Lansen,
Happy Birthday! 
I'm so proud of all you are & all you'll become...
I love you to the moon & back!
Love,
Mom

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Dana!!! I wrote a little about how I'm feeling with Lansen turning 9 in the notebook pages! Haha! I can't believe he's 9 today! I really feel like these 9 years flew by...

      Delete
  2. oh i totally feel you cindy! mine will turn 11 this year. what you said about yours being half way an adult put things in real perspective too! happy birthday to your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leah! Don't they grow up soooo fast?! It's times like these that I wish I could slow down time!

      Delete
  3. so sweet :) Happy late b-day to him! I know exactly how you feel and my son is only almost 4... but then again, I mean "already" almost 4! It really does fly by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes, Sarah! Hope all is well with you & your family! xoxo

      Delete